trying to write essays
what does this mean
have u ever written an essay
daisy meeting her new sister for the first time…. I think she likes her
THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY
when you start listening to ur favorite band less and less but when u listen to them again you’re like hELL YEA THIS IS MY FAVE BAND AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND I FORGOT HOW PERFECT THEY ARE AND THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME
I told Miyazaki I love the “gratuitous motion” in his films; instead of every movement being dictated by the story, sometimes people will just sit for a moment, or they will sigh, or look in a running stream, or do something extra, not to advance the story but only to give the sense of time and place and who they are.
"We have a word for that in Japanese," he said. "It’s called ma. Emptiness. It’s there intentionally.”
Is that like the “pillow words” that separate phrases in Japanese poetry?
"I don’t think it’s like the pillow word." He clapped his hands three or four times. "The time in between my clapping is ma. If you just have non-stop action with no breathing space at all, it’s just busyness. But if you take a moment, then the tension building in the film can grow into a wider dimension. If you just have constant tension at 80 degrees all the time you just get numb.
|—||Rogert Ebert, on Hayao Miyazaki (via oh-totoro)|
remember when the gameboy advance sp came out and it had a built in backlight plus a built in rechargable battery and it was like all of our prayers had been answered
there is never a wrong time to reblog this
WHAT ARE THEY EVEN TRYING TO ACHIVE
I don’t know but I like it
ARE THOSE WAFFLES
GUYSSSS THESE ARE THE GREEN MEN
They’re huge Canucks fans and they spend their time at hockey games pestering opposing players sitting in the penalty box.
A week earlier, an angry fan at the Thrashers vs. Maple Leafs game threw waffles onto the ice because of how poorly the Leafs were playing.
So to continue mocking the Leafs, the Green Men came armed with frozen waffles. They’re referencing how badly they played last week and how badly they’re playing against the Canucks this game. You can see more of their antics here, and Youtube is strewn with even more of their stunts!!
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
“The love of her life…”